Hanna Nitrite Pocket Checker (Ultra Low Range)
Nitrites are an intermediate form of nitrogen, produced when ammonia is converted into nitrate during the Nitrogen Cycle.
As organic matter decays, it produces ammonia which is highly toxic, ammonia is converted into nitrite by bacteria, and the nitrite is converted into nitrate by another form of bacteria. Nitrite is dangerous to all aquatic life if it builds up, causing tissue damage that can lead to illness and death.
The HANNA HI 764 Checker bridges the gap between simple chemical test kits and professional instrumentation. Chemical test kits are not very accurate and only give 5 to 10 points resolution while professional instrumentation can run into hundreds of pounds and can be time consuming to calibrate and maintain.
The HANNA HI 764 Checker is accurate and affordable. This Checker features an accuracy of ±4% of reading and uses an adaptation of EPA Diazotization method. The contoured style of this Checker fits in your palm and pocket perfectly and the large LCD is easy to read. The auto shut-off feature assures the battery life will not be drained if you forget to turn it off. The HI 764 Checker is extremely simple to use. First, zero the instrument with your water sample. Next, add the reagent. Last, Place the vial into the HI 764 Checker press the button and read the results. It’s that easy.
Hanna HI-764 Pocket Nitrite Tester Product Features:
- Range: 0 to 200 ppb
- Resolution: 1 ppb
- Accuracy: ±4% of reading ±10 ppb @ 25ºC
- Light Source: LED @ 525 nm
- Light Detector: Silicon photocell
- Environment: 0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing
- Battery Type: (1) 1.5V AAA Auto-off After 3 minutes of non-use
- Dimensions: 81.5 x 61 x 37.5 mm (3.2 x 2.4 x 1.5”)
- Weight: 64 g (2.25 oz.)
- Method: Adaptation of EPA Diazotization method 354.1.
The Hanna HI-764 pocket checkers offer a cost-effective digital alternative to chemical test kits.
Water quality can be tested and controlled quickly and accurately with these professional quality meters, but at a fraction of the cost of their more sophisticated sister meters in our photometer range.
Perfect for control testing in laboratories and for teams of engineers where each operator needs his or her own set of portable test instrumentation, Hanna Checkers have proved hugely popular since their launch in 2010.
Hanna HI-764 Nitrite Pocket Tester Main Benefits
- Testing is quick and easy
- High precision results - more accurate than chemical test kits
- Auto shut-off feature means the Checker cannot be left on by mistake
- Fully portable, fitting easily into both palm and pocket
The Hanna HI-764 Pocket Nitrite Tester is Supplied with
- 2 sample cuvettes
- Cuvette cap
- Starter pack of reagents
- 1 x 1.5 AAA battery
The Hanna HI-764 Simple Nitrite Test Instructions:
- Four steps, one click instant readout
- Zero the Checker
- Add reagent
- Insert sample into Checker
- Press button for results